Living in Taiwan for a few years has taught me how to make foods I am familiar with back home but with limited resources and on a budget. If you have access to a COSTCO, than your options broaden, but for the most part, we eat simply and this recipe is a part of a collection for the American teachers living in Taiwan with a simple stove, toaster oven and small grocery store in town.
Today's Recipe- Nugget Parmesan
- Toaster oven ( for nuggets)
- Waxed paper or tin foil
- Stove top burner
- Pot for boiling pasta
- Small pot for sauce or microwave
- An appetite
Chicken nuggets (as many as you can eat)
Pasta of any style
½ cup Sauce- either spaghetti or pizza sauce (If you go for pizza sauce, just add a pinch of sugar and a drop of water)
1. Turn the top burner on in the toaster over and layer the rack with waxed paper or tin foil to prevent grease from dripping. Place the chicken nuggets on the rack and place the rack as high as it can go in the oven. Once the top side is golden brown, flip and allow the other side to brown.
2. Bring water to a boil and add the pasta, stirring occasionally. Pasta usually takes about 10-15 minutes to cook thoroughly.
3. Warm the sauce, being careful not to burn it- it does burn easily.
4. Drain the pasta and place in a bowl. Add sauce. Place nuggets on top of sauce. I love cheese and I like to top my dish with either mozzarella or Parmesan.