Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cinnamon Bun Scrumptious

We had guests with us for a week and it was extra special to wake up one morning with warm cinnamon rolls waiting to be eaten. I found an amazing recipe on Food Network which I'll let you check out and make if you want.

For the filling, I actually mixed the softened butter, sugar and cinnamon together before spreading it on the rolled out dough. That was actually an accident, but loved the idea afterwards!

I covered the unbaked cinnamon rolls and placed them in the refrigerator until the morning. I allowed them to sit on the counter for about 30 minutes and then placed them in the cool oven and allowed the pans to warm up along with the oven. They rose wonderfully and once they were finished and cooled a bit, I frosted them. If you don't have heavy cream, don't worry. Just substitute milk and a bit more confectioners' sugar.

Heaven on a plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment