Living in Taiwan for a few years has taught me how to make foods I am familiar with back home but with limited resources and on a budget. If you have access to a COSTCO, than your options broaden, but for the most part, we eat simply and this recipe is a part of a collection for the American teachers living in Taiwan with a simple stove, toaster oven and small grocery store in town.
Today's Recipe: Fancy Toast from France- makes 4-5 slices
- Stove top burner
- Flipper spatula
- Shallow bowl for egg mixture
- A cup of coffee
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
4-5 slices of bread
Butter or oil for the pan
Powdered sugar, syrup, honey, brown sugar- any topping you’d like
1. Beat the milk, egg, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
2. Over medium heat, place a little oil or butter in the pan.
3. Dip bread in mixture- with a fork, flip it, making sure both sides of the bread are covered.
4. Place in pan and cook thoroughly; golden brown on both sides.
5. Top with powdered sugar or anything else that suits your fancy!
This is delicious, even for dinner!