Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Zucchini


W moved into a little place of our own! A friend brought by a loaf of moist zucchini bread and a huge zucchini from her garden! What a great house-warming gift! My mom has a million tomatoes so I decided to do a little cooking once the dishes were unpacked and washed. This came out better than I expected! The tomato's juice added so much flavor to the zucchini. I guess it's a bit like ratatouille but simpler. Here's what I did:

Place a little butter to a pan over medium heat. Add fresh garlic and saute.

Cut the zucchini into thin slices and quarter them. Add them to the pan with a little bit of water (few tablespoons) to help with the cooking. I sprinkle salt and pepper over the veggies at this point.

With the tomatoes, I blanched them since I don't like the skins anyway- when cutting it into chunks, keep all the juice and add to the pan.

Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until zucchini tender. Serve hot!

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. congrats of having a place of your own and making it all warm and cozy with your zucchini goodies!

    ReplyDelete