Thursday, August 19, 2010

Needle-in-a-Haystack Experience

We are spending time in the OBX with the family this week, which has been a blast! My hubby asked me to go boogie boarding with him so I took off my wedding RING (BAD move in the first place) and placed it in a pocket of my backpack along with my camera. Why in the world did I trust myself? I NEVER take off my ring since I have a hard enough time getting it over my knobby knuckle as it is.

Later that evening, when we were all back home, I looked in the backpack and panic swept over me- G.O.N.E! I burst into tears and immediately my sister-in-law suggested we pray and ask God to work a miracle here. It was obvious to me that it had fallen out when I pulled out the camera. We immediately rented a few metal detectors and the family came out and joined me in the search. We started by blocking off an area and sifting sand. People from all over came and identified with me and helped with the search. As I was kneeling in the sand, God spoke to my heart. It is a very important piece to me, but I still have my wonderful husband and beautiful little girl. He has blessed me in so many ways and yet I was acting like my life was just taken away from me. Once I surrendered it and accepted the consequence of my stupid action, I felt a peace and we wrapped it up and headed back to the beach house.

But that's not the end of the story...

One of my sisters-in-law bounded up the stairs asking how much I love her. She held up the ring and died laughing! She spotted it in the corner of a stair on her way up! We all started screaming, jumping and hugging. I was overwhelmed with this miracle of mercy! What was lost had been found!

Thank you, Lord!

1 comment: