Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Baked Rosemary Chicken Breasts


WOW! Fresh Rosemary is my few favorite herb this week! I had found bone-in/ skin-on chicken breasts on sale for $0.99 per lb and since I don't often cook chicken with bone or skin, I went directly to the web and searched for a good recipe. I came across a blog that I just LOVED and enjoyed all her pictures. You can check out her recipe here on Simply Yummy Goodness.

I did something a little differently by taking a spring of rosemary and sliding it directly under the skin of each breast. It gave the meat a great flavor!  Rubbing the skin with olive oil really made the skin crispy.   I served my chicken with macaroni and cheese and asparagus since that's what I had on hand and my husband never refuses mac & cheese. It was a splendid dish and I am looking forward to trying more recipes with my fresh rosemary.

No comments:

Post a Comment